Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things to do in 2009 - #3 Be Healthier

I have a new gym membership and I need to get on a regular exercise schedule that includes weight training. I'm one of those "typical" women who does lots of cardio and no resistance training. Throw in a yoga class, and this should also help me with managing my stress.

I also need to start eating better. I have food sensitivities to gluten/flour, eggs and dairy - I don't go into anaphylactic shock or anything, but I get really bad headaches and congested and stomachaches and acne... so it’s just better for me to not eat these foods. I'm usually pretty good about avoiding them, but over the holidays I totally fell off the wagon. How could I resist all the baked goods, especially when I was trapped in the house for a week (from the snowstorm) with nothing else to do?! It’s time to get back on track.

Another thing I need to do is be sure to see the chiropractor and get a massage once a month. This might not sound like a “health” thing, but for me it totally is. I have so much tension and knots in my shoulders and neck it actually makes me sick. So if I don’t go on a regular basis, I get really bad headaches and get dizzy and feel nauseous. Plus, when I get a massage, it’s not all spa nice and relaxing, it’s really painful as the masseuse gets the knots out. So the best thing is for me to go monthly and try to avoid all the pain.

And of course, I need to have fun and be happy. This will include more pedicures and shopping trips!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment