Monday, October 12, 2009

Washington DC trip

We went on a vacation to Washington DC last week. This was my second time out to visit our Nation's Capitol. The first time I went was over 10 years ago, before 9/11. Boy have things changed! My first trip out there, you could just walk up the front steps of a building and walk right in. Now there's security everywhere! I totally understand the reasoning, and it didn't take very long to go through security. There were also some things that weren't there the first trip, like the WWII monument and the Capitol Building Visitor Center. We tried to get a pass to visit the White House, contacted our Congressman like we were told, but still got denied. This was the first trip out for my DH and he had a blast.

This week I'll share some of my quirky pictures. In the Air and Space Museum (which we spent 3.5 hours at because my DH LOVES that kind of thing) they had the evolution of flight attendant clothing.
This display was my favorite. It was from the 60's and Air California Stewardesses wore miniskirts and go-go boots, while Northeast Airlines wore hot pants!
Tomorrow, butterflies!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment